Confession time. I used to LOVE buying the Blue Diamond Gourmet almonds - especially the garlic, herb, and olive oil kind. Sounds great right? I mean - garlic, herbs, and olive oil?
Well, it only took a little digging for me to flip the package over to find out that in the ingredients list vegetable oils (canola and/or safflower oil) are the primary oil with my favorite EVOO dead last in line. I decided to take matters into my own hands, and create my own recipe.
Not only is it an extremely simple recipe (because y'all know me! I love simple!), but it is also just as tasty if not better! I also love that you are in full control of what ingredients you use and put into your body.
If you're interested, keep reading...
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Place 2 cups of whole almonds in a medium-sized bowl
- Add your extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle in your herbs and spices to your taste preference
- Roast your seasoned almonds for 20 minutes
- Take them out of the oven, and let them cool. Then, store in a jar in a dry, cool place.